I am here because of the same reason- to grow and have a meaningful life.
You see birth and death is inevitable. What happens in between defines the purpose we were born with and things we will be remembered for.
Let me take you through my journey and the revelations life made. I stand here because of what I got to realize early in life, by life.
- I have to learn to do my own thing and believe in my self- Comparison is great when it's inspirational but the majority of the time, it isn't. It only harbors self-depreciating feelings. I had to say NO to it.
- Competition is best when done with oneself, to become better of what I was yesterday. That way I get to set my own standards.
- I have to learn to value my strengths. The world (including me) tends to naturally focus on what we don't have, what we can't do or what limits us. Getting the spotlight back to 'strengths' will ensure more positivity to build each other up and not to tear each other down.
- If I kept listening to what others have to say about me, what I should do and what I shouldn't, when will I hear WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO MYSELF? I cannot let my own voice drown in the din which others create.
- It is not worth JUST SURVIVING.Life is beautiful but it is also fragile. It looks as if you have enough time but it is as long as your last breath. I have to find JOY in my work, in my relationships, and in my life. I need to thrive and work out my happiness. Nobody else will come and deliver it to my doorsteps. My happiness is my creation. I have to find a PURPOSE to live by.
- Having a fluffy, feel good statement- 'Be Positive, everything will be fine' works like a bubble which bursts too soon leaving you disappointed. Resilience matters. I learned that courage is nothing but walking hand in hand with fear. That 'life happens' to the best of us and what help is the tenacity to fall, get bruised, stay in the muck for some time, get up, clean your self and start walking again. This isn't a bubble and this won't burst.
And I have reservoir within me ...to make it all happen. I have to be MINDFUL of what thoughts I let in and how I feel. I HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE AND MAKE I WILL.
So, if you are here, I applaud you for your first step in transforming your life...the way you want it, with the resources you have within you and achieving your own success and happiness. IT A CHOICE YOU WILL MAKE.
Come on in.