Why should you choose a Life Coach?
"The essential task of leadership is to create an alignment of strengths in ways that make the system’s weakness irrelevant."- Peter Drucker.
Hi! I am glad you are here.
I am here because of the same reason- to grow and have a meaningful life.
You see, birth and death are inevitable. What happens in-between defines the purpose we are born with and things we will be remembered for.
Let me take you through my journey and the revelations life made. I stand here because of what I got to realize early in life, by life.
- I have to learn to do my own thing and believe in myself self- Comparison is great when it's inspirational, but most of the time, it isn't. It only harbors self-deprecating feelings. I had to say NO to it.
- Competition is best when done with oneself, to become better than what I was yesterday. That way, I get to set my own standards.
- I have to learn to value my strengths. The world (including me) tends to naturally focus on what we don't have, what we can't do, or what limits us. Getting the spotlight back to 'strengths' will ensure more positivity to build each other up and not tear each other down.
- If I kept listening to what others have to say about me, what I should do and what I shouldn't, when will I hear WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO MYSELF? I cannot let my own voice drown in the din which others create.
- It is not worth just surviving. Life is beautiful, but it is also fragile. It looks as if you have enough time, but it is as long as your last breath. I have to find joy in my work, my relationships, and life. I need to thrive and work out my happiness. Nobody else will come and deliver it to my doorsteps. My happiness is my creation. I have to find a PURPOSE to live by.
- Having a fluffy, feel-good statement- 'Be Positive, everything will be fine' works like a bubble that bursts too soon, leaving you disappointed. Resilience matters. I learned that courage is nothing but walking hand in hand with fear. That life happens to the best of us and what helps is the tenacity to fall, get bruised, stay in the muck for some time, get up, clean yourself, and start walking again. This isn't a bubble, and this won't burst.
And I have a reservoir within me ...to make it all happen. I have to be MINDFUL in what thoughts I let in and how I feel. I HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE, AND MAKE I WILL.
So, if you are here, I applaud you for your first step in transforming your life...the way you want it, with the resources you have within you, and achieving your own success and happiness. IT A CHOICE YOU WILL MAKE.
Come on in.
What is Coaching?
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Coaches help people to improve their performances and enhance the quality of their lives.
Coaching Vs. Counseling
A simple rule of thumb to know whether you should be coaching or counseling: If your past is an issue, counseling is your best option. If your past is simply a fact (regardless of whether the circumstances were difficult or negative), you are probably ready for coaching. If it appears that there is an issue for which you may need counseling, I will suggest it. With the support of a counselor or therapist, some individuals choose to engage in coaching and counseling simultaneously, focusing on different areas of life for each service.
Why Positive Psychology?
Positive psychology is the scientific study of what happens when things go right in life – and sheds light on what enables happiness, engagement, achievement, meaning, resilience, strengths, courage, and optimism. The term “positive psychology” emerged in 1998 when Dr. Martin Seligman, then-president of the American Psychological Association, challenged psychology researchers to study not just mental illness but mental health, the elements that must be present for people to thrive. Dr. Seligman, a renowned researcher and long-time professor at the University of Pennsylvania, sparked a revolution in psychology that continues to grow. Researchers around the globe produce groundbreaking research with important implications for the business world and individuals.
What does it mean to have a coach who combines her knowledge of psychology, her corporate experience, and her coach training to provide you to become your best possible self, tapping into the potential you have within you and aligning your strengths in such a way that your weakness becomes irrelevant?
Individual Coaching for Personal Development
Just one session: A 50-minute session for the person that understands coaching and needs one session to work through a specific issue.
Together, we can decide on the number of sessions needed to work through your challenges and help you reach your goal. Once decided, no change in the agreement shall be entertained.
- First consultation session of 30 minutes at no cost to the client.
- All next sessions shall be charged. I will provide you with all the handouts and tools you’ll need to create massive breakthroughs in your life. Sessions would be held privately once a week.
The coaching would be conducted over telephone or video conferencing for the number of sessions you select. I am also available for email coaching between sessions. You may find it helpful to email me your coaching call agenda for the call before our session. This will give you time to clarify what you most want to focus on. We can also have a Face to Face session if required and decided upon by both of us.
Who will benefit from it?
- Working professionals facing various professional roadblocks and challenges.
- Stay At Home Moms/ Working moms who feel stuck up and overwhelmed by the many responsibilities motherhood and family bring and when it clashes with your own life goals.
- Young adults/Teenagers facing various challenges- relationship, academic, or self.
From creating accountability to building momentum, achieving breakthroughs to providing structure, planning and supporting, accelerating and helping you come to your own solutions, I am your INSTRUMENT...your facilitator.
For pricing details, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a 30-minute consultation at no cost to you.
My teacher and coaches are all exceptionally powerful women in their own space and transforming lives by their ‘purpose.’ I owe it all to them.
I am indebted to-
Lafern K Batie http://www.thebatiegroup.com/ for introducing me to her coaching principle- ATINIAH- All that I need I already have. She is an inspiration to me.
Valorie Burton-https://valorieburton.com/- for introducing me to the world of Positive Psychology and Coaching. She is incredible.
Kim Dubrul- http://youryearoftransformation.com/index.htm for sharing her journey, her experiences, and inspiring HOPE in me.
Change is inevitable; growth is intentional- Glenda Cloud